Youth to use playing field from SeptemberThis message is primarily intended for managers and parents of boys or girls playing in our Youth set up.
As a good number of you will already be aware, we have gained agreement from Whyteleafe School to use the school playing field immediately to the north of the ground. This facility will be in place of the pitches used at Kenley Sports Ground.
Whilst everyone agrees the pitches at Kenley are excellent, they are nonetheless in Kenley. It has been a long term ambition to see all our teams play their home matches at Whyteleafe and this is what we are now achieving.
This summer will see extensive work carried out by Bourne Amenity to improve the pitch surface in time for the September season kick off.
Please be aware that:
- the playing field is purely for weekend league and cup matches by our Youth teams
- it is not to be used for training sessions either during the week or weekends
- it is not an area for people to have a kickabout when the 3G pitches are being used
- it is out of bounds except for weekend matches and match warm ups (accepting of course that some people do need to retrieve wayward balls from the "mini astro").
- access to the playing field will be via a gate between the club office and the boardroom. There will be no access via the gate on Church Road. People who try to gain access from our ground other than by the gate do so at their own risk. Trying to gain access from the area behind the "mini astro" is treacherous and should not be attempted.